Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I closed on my house!


Well, it finally happened! I am a home owner.  It took 2 wks longer than it was suppose to and I am told there is still some paper work to turn in before I can turn on the electric and such.  Also something about the seller needing to pay some taxes on it she owes.

I can sort of have a sigh of relief that the hard part is over now.  Lessons learned?


  • Think twice when looking at short sales, they can be a lot of trouble compared to a regular sale.  
  • Multi-task instead of doing one thing at a time in consecutive order.  
  • Don't believe everything everyone tells you, just because they tell you everything will run smooth and it will go fast doesn't mean it will. (Don't get your hopes up until those keys are in your hand.)
  • If there are things wrong with the house, don't expect the seller to fix it even if they promise they will.
I'm sure I will think of more things later.

Here is my new home!  I'm in the process of finding hardwood floors to replace the carpet and I'm going to paint every room in the house.  If you have any ideas you would like to throw my way to make this house look more homey and cozy, just let me know!





Living room



Master Bedroom



Guest Bedroom



Kitchen



Office/Laundry room


Bathroom



No comments:

AddThis

 

poligrip