Here is the coffee table in my living room.
And if you remember, here is what the coffee table looked like to begin with before I did anything to it.
Here is the coffee table after much sanding, stripping, painting, staining, hammering, etc.
Here is the detail.
I tried to distress the table some. I hammered and nailed spots onto the top and I took sandpaper and scissors and scraped some of the white paint off the bottom.
Here is how I refinished the coffee table. I did not follow any guidelines or research how to refinish this, but I will do things a little different next time.
- Put varnish remover on the top part, scrape off all varnish
- Sand the top down to the wood where there is no stain or anything
- hammered and roughed up the top some to distress it
- Applied dark walnut colored stain to top
- Lightly sanded the bottom part
- Used a primer
- Removed the wood that was attached to the legs
- Painted 2 coats of Olympic Delicate White
I think the coffee table now fits perfect into the look of my living room.