Is this spring weather great or what?
It inspired me to decorate my mantle! I never usually decorate for seasons except Christmas, but having my own little place and my first fireplace, made me want to give my hand a try at a spring theme for my mantle.
I had so much fun decorating it. Remember those Christmas butterfly ornaments I got at Pottery Barn? I'm using them for spring and put them on the wreath. They don't look Christmassy right?
It was so easy to decorate, I just used mostly things from around the house.
- I grabbed a couple of apothecary jars I had around the house and filled them with candy.
- Got the candy at the dollar store, they are malt balls. MMMMmmmmmm
- The eggs in the glass dish in the middle, from the dollar store. They are those cheap plastic eggs that open and you put things in them.
- Glass dish from a yard sale last week. 25 Cents.
- Birdies I already had. I grabbed the 2 white ceramic ones from the guest room and took the other 2 out of the window.
- Candles from Ikea
- Dried Hydrangeas from my mother.
Isn't this a cute little birdie?
I got them from a little store in Galax Virginia on Main Street. She was having a clearance on the Christmas stuff, so I grabbed them. They are suppose to be Christmas decor, too, but they work for spring I think.
P.S. I didn't get as much done on my office, but I did get the cabinets painted and my dresser painted. I am waiting to get new handles for it now and to finish getting the curtains up. I will post pics throughout the week of my progress.