Friday, April 30, 2010

Chandelier is up!


The chandelier is up! Yay!  My dad came to the rescue again.  I was too scared to try to do the wiring myself for the chandelier, plus I didn't want to wire it wrong and blow something up.  I have a huge fear of getting electrocuted.  When I was really little, about 3 yrs old, I stuck a bobby pin in an electrical outlet and electrocuted myself. It turned my fingers brown and left marks of the bobby pin on my hand. I was only 3, but I can remember it clear as day! That's why I'm so traumatized by doing anything that has to do with electricity I guess.  That's the only thing I can pin point it to. (No pun intended)

Now I still  need to find the handles for my nightstand and get my large dresser refinished.  I'm also going to start working on my yard and landscaping soon, so I will have a ton of pics to show of that!  I bought some goodies for the yard today, so I'm really excited to get the outdoor projects started.

8 comments:

Debby Lee said...

So pretty! I have a similar one in the same spot over my bed. xo

Genie said...

It is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!

Chelsea said...

Ohmygosh, that chandelier is gorgeous! And it fits your room so beautifully! Love it.

Lisa said...

The room is looking amaaaazing! You're doing a terrific job on that house. I'd like to pass a Blog Award on to you. Pop on over to www.recapturedcharm.com for more info.
Congrats!!
Lisa

Carolyn said...

I just found your blog from Recaptured Charm and I'm in love! You have done absolutely beautiful things with your home, and I can't wait to read more. I really enjoyed going through your before and after photos. One quick question: You have lovely hydrangeas in almost every room. Are they real or fake? I couldn't tell! :) I love hydrangeas, and would like to use more in my home. If they're fake, please share where they came from! Thank you!

Jolie said...

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!
Thank you Lisa for thinking of me for the award! I appreciate it so much :)

Carolyn, the hydrangeas are real, but they are dried out. They are from my moms hydrangea bush and from some I picked on the side of the road one day. I'm hoping to plant one in my back yard this year. They dry quite nice and look beautiful as dried arrangements.

Lou :) said...

Jolie the chandelier is just beautiful!! It makes the room!!! I love it

Tiffany said...

I found your blog by googling for inspiration & Wow! Your home has/is coming along beautifully. Such inspiration! I have such a list of things I am inspired by & want to do to my own home, lol! Great Job!

AddThis

 

poligrip