Monday, April 12, 2010

Grout On!

Yes, it was more involved than I thought it would be!  I mixed the powder and water and it said to let it set for 10 minutes. Then I went to put the grout on and realized I didn't have the grout spreader! I accidently left it at my parents house. I had to run out to Lowes and buy a new one, since my parents live in a different town than me.  I get back home and my grout has now been sitting out for over 30 minutes, so it's a little pasty.  I worked on it for a couple of hours and only panicked a few times when things went wrong. 

Here it is about 11 at night and I am finished.  I oiled my butcher block counter tops, too. They look beautiful! I love them so much.  It really brought out the color and character of them.  It's the first time I've oiled them, wish I had done it sooner.

Here is a picture of what I have so far. The grout is still a tad wet and I have to let this dry over night.  Then I'll put the electrical outlet covers back on and put all of my things back on the counters.

Tiles almost finished and oiled butcher block counters.



It's almost done!!!

10 comments:

Genie said...

It looks beautiful!! I love how there are so many different textures, but it still feels very organic, light, and airy!

Jolie said...

Thanks! I am so happy it turned out how I wanted it to. I can't wait to put everything back in the kitchen and see how it looks completely pulled together.

veronick said...

This is looking awesome! I love it!!! I'm really glad you went with classic white subway tiles, it's perfect and it looks so great with the new countertop :)

Jolie said...

I'm glad I chose the white tile, too. It gives it such a clean fresh feel compared to how it felt before.

Thank you :)

Mom said...

I love it. You did a fantastic job. Now get the rest of the projects finished so you can enjoy your house.

Jolie said...

The rest of my projects, the list never ends though :)

Meg said...

This kitchen is gorgeous! I've been looking at your older blog posts and your house is insanely cute. You have great taste!

Jolie said...

Aww thank you Meg, I'm going to try to get before and after pictures up of the kitchen tomorrow. Your place is adorable, too!

TheVirginiaHouse said...

Thanks for visiting my blog so that I could find yours. I love your style and what you're doing to your house! Are you really doing it all on your own (with dads helo of course)? I can't wait to see more!

Jolie said...

Yes, I've done the majority of the remodeling on my own. I've needed the hands of my dad and some friends for a few things of course. I feel much more rewarded standing back and looking at it when it's done, knowing I did it rather than let a designer come in or hire everyone to come in and do it for me.

AddThis

 

poligrip