Thursday, April 22, 2010

House Layout




I updated the layout of my house in the picture above.  I had posted this once before, but I've since made quite a few changes.  Sometimes it helps to see the layout so you can make all of the rooms make sense.  You can make one of these for your home at floorplanner.com.    It's fun to do, too!  I used the color on my walls for the colors of each room in the diagram.

 The tool has a place where you can add all the backyard things, like the patio furniture, sheds, everything!  So of course as I get those, I will be updating this layout again.  I showed on the left side where the carport and patio is.  I usually come in through the kitchen door since I park right there, so easy to carry groceries in.  I remember living in apartments and having to walk across a parking lot and lug my groceries up many flights of stairs and  how I wished I had a carport or garage and could just take the groceries right into the kitchen.  I got my wish.   My guests come in through the front door, which I like so they can come right into the living room.





5 comments:

Lisa said...

Geez, that's one handy tool! I really like the layout of your place. I still have laundry room envy.

Chelsea said...

I'm with Lisa. Your laundry room is killer. I love it.

Great tool, too - I'm going to have to try it out. I wonder if it would work well for furniture placement, etc? Our "Master" bedroom is like a jigsaw puzzle trying to fit everything in there, it's so small. Maybe the floor planner can help me out before I actually go moving stuff... :)

Genie said...

Awesome site!!!

Amy said...

I am going to do my house floor plan, too! :) Thanks!

Megan said...

Ohhhh thank god you left a comment on my blog or I never would have found you. I love what you've done with your home. So warm and cozy looking.

Not to mention I am so going to play with this website you linked to on your post. Fun!

AddThis

 

poligrip