Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kitchen Before & After

The kitchen is finished. For now.  Here are the before and after pictures from when I first bought the house to these pics that I just took today.  I love the way the butcher block counters and the subway tile turned out. It transformed the kitchen. I love it!

BEFORE


AFTER

BEFORE


AFTER


BEFORE


AFTER

I really didn't do a lot to the kitchen.  When I first saw this house, I remember thinking how much I liked this kitchen. It had good bones. I fell in love with the cabinets at first sight! Those are keepers. I knew with just a bit of tweaking, it would be adorable.

I removed that window over the sink.
Butcher block counters at Ikea for $300. (Numerar Oak)
White subway tile from Lowes, 24 cents each.  (Around $45.00 total)
New faucet  $125.00

A very inexpensive makeover.  My dad put the counter tops in for me, and my friend and I put the subway tile up.  It was very time consuming since I did it myself and didn't hire professionals to come in, but worth every bit of time and effort.

5 comments:

Debby Lee said...

Looks great! You did an awesome job. :)

Jolie said...

Thanks Debby! I love how it turned out.

Lisa said...

You did a fabulous job! It looks warm and homey now. Love it!

Lou :) said...

oh Jolie!!!! it is sooo pretty, the tile has just transformed the whole kitchen look!! I also love the accent colors you chose , just marvelous !!!! :D

ejwdfm said...

Looks really nice. Have you seen the spray paint for kitchen appliances? they also have magnets that will stick to appliances in fun patterns if you google I think you can find them. Maybe a cheap alternative to the big black dishwasher. Everything else looks so cute that the black appliance sticks out a little.

AddThis

 

poligrip