Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Office Area


Here it is finally, the office.  This is where I spend a great deal of my time since I work from home.  It's always a mess with papers scattered everywhere and I just got the curtains up on this side of the room recently.  I finally did all the little finishing touches, so maybe I can get more done at work :)

My office is shared with the laundry room. It's one big room, one end is where I do the laundry and the other end is where I work.  My washer and dryer are pretty quiet so it doesn't disturb me.  My little sewing area is a built in desk with electrical outlets all built into the cabinets.  I didn't want such a small place for my desk, so I got a desk with a little larger working space on top and put over on the other side of it.

Laundry Area


If you're wondering how they look combined, I took a full shot standing from my kitchen doorway.  The little sewing area sort of divides the room.  Those pictures above the sewing area of sea coral, I bought from Young House Love's shop.  I got my inspiration from them to paint the brick walls in this room from the before and after photos of their den.  I don't regret it for a second.  It really opened the room up and makes it feel so inviting now. 

Office/Laundry Room


It's come a long way from the way it looked the first time I saw it.

Office/Laundry Before

  I'm so happy with the way this whole room turned out...
 and to think, this was the room I liked the least when I first moved in the house.  

Each room is really starting to feel like home and isn't that what it's all about?


12 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow, what a difference! I love everything about your office/laundry/sewing room. Really. It has so much personality and character, and it so open and inviting! And I LOVE your rug. Can I ask where you got it?

Jolie said...

Hi Chelsea,
Thanks so much.
I got the rug at Target. It is actually really good quality and has held up well. I've had it a couple of years.

Amy said...

It's so lovely! Great job, Jolie!

Jolie said...

Thanks Amy! :) This room is about 75% done now. I still have to knock out that window next to the desk and put in french doors!
It does feel good to be in this room now.

Canadian Cottage said...

Hi Jolie
Wow I love your house! Your office/ laundry is a dream room of mine! How great would it be to have a sewing machine near your laundry and computer. The bedroom looks so pretty as well, we definitely have similar taste. I can't wait to look at more of your home
Janice

Constance said...

I covet your sewing area! It looks so serene, like you have space and a view to sit and dream before you create!

Sarah said...

Your laundry room/office transformation is amazing! I too, am a big fan of YHL and home before and afters. Congrats on being featured! We recently remodeled our bathroom - what a job that was! I am enjoying reading about your other home makeovers. I'll be sure to bookmark your blog. Nice to "meet" you!
sohldesign.blogspot.com

Angela said...

I popped over from YHL. Great job! It looks like it should be in a magazine.

Heather said...

I found your room from YHL and I think you did an amazing job! We painted over wood paneling in our den and it made a world of difference. The room looks so bright and fresh now.
I am looking for bamboo shades for our kitchen. Do you like them? What style and color did you get?

Jolie said...

Heather,
I love the bamboo shades, but I will say, if you are looking for complete privacy, they are a little transparent. So maybe not good for a bedroom or bathroom.
Here is the link to them. They are around $15. each.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_44656-49091-43-3308-000_0_?productId=3197507&Ntt=bamboo%20shades&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=bamboo%20shades$y=0$x=0

The Keylors said...

Wowzer!!! It looks so amazing! I would never thing that was the same room. Can I come do my laundry at your house? ha!!

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

Whoa, that looks amazing! I love everything about the room, you've done an amazing job!

Looking forward to browsing more and getting some inspiration from you!

AddThis

 

poligrip