Saturday, April 10, 2010

Subway Tile Going Up

I spent the day putting the subway tile up in the kitchen.  I'm exhausted!  I still haven't finished and I even had a friend over  helping me. I ran out of glue for the tiles so I need to go get more in the morning.  I also don't have the tool to cut squares out of the tile to put around the electrical outlets, so I need to get that, too.

My dad had let me use his tile cutter, but as soon as I tried to cut the first tile, I broke it :(  I don't know what happened, but when I pressed down on it to break the tile in two, it broke the metal piece off of it that pushes down on the tile.  I had to go to Lowes and buy a new one.  I also ran out of glue once already today and had to buy another bucket of glue.  These costs start adding up.

I'm probably not going to get to grout until Monday night. I haven't been able to use my kitchen for a couple of weeks now.  It will be so nice to have my kitchen back and functioning again.

Here's a little look at some of what I did today.



It's already looking nice, even though it's not even done or grouted.


7 comments:

Debby Lee said...

Wow, you are doing a great job! Not an easy task. :)

Jolie said...

No not an easy task at all, I thought it looked easy and was only going to take a couple of hours. lol

Lavender hearts said...

Tiling is a bastard! I'm going to get the tongue and groove board I think! LOL

I love all the makovers you have done, especially the utility room. Looks like you are quite lucky and have good floors and walls. My house needs new electrics, plumbing, floor, ceilings, driveway, kicthen, bathroom etc. It's never ending!

Jolie said...

Yes, I love the beautiful wood on my walls, this house does have good bones. That's one of the things that drew me to it when I was house hunting. It's just a simple brick ranch, but it was in one of the most beautiful neighborhoods, so I guess location won out over all.

I know tiling is harder than I expected, but I think it's all going to be worth it in the end.

Thanks for your lovely comments :)

Amy said...

Looking good!

Lou :) said...

Jolie I want you to come to Florida and help me with my kitchen!! :D I love the tile, awesome job!! :)

Jolie said...

Lou, I want you to come to NC and visit me :-D Pleeaaasseee

AddThis

 

poligrip