Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thailand - A special place in my heart

It saddens me to see what is happening in Thailand right now.  As some of you know, I lived there for 2 years.  It was an amazing time and I made many friends there that I still continue to talk with. I lived right in the heart of Bangkok for a year and a half and spent the last 6 mths I was there in Pattaya, Thailand.

Please keep these people in your prayers with everything they are going through right now.

I had said before I was going to post photos from the places I lived while I was there. When I first got there, I was living in a  little condo, what we refer to as an efficiency.  Actually I think it would be closer to looking like a motel room. There was no kitchen, just one open space with a bed, table, armoire (they don't have closets), and a vanity.  The door there is the bathroom. I didn't have anything but my suitcase with clothes, so I had to go buy sheets and this poster for over my bed to give the room some color and life. Those are pillow shams I am using as curtains.  It's nothing fancy, but it did the job.  The condo came furnished.






I also lived in a tiny townhouse with a house mate there. Here is what my room looked like.
Notice I chose the all white bedding and white curtains like I have now, but it was very hard to keep clean there.  I had to wash my laundry by hand.




This was the view outside the window.  I loved walking across the street from my home and ordering breakfast, lunch or dinner anytime I felt like it.  A meal cost about 50 cents at the time. This was in 2002.


I miss Thailand dearly and I hope to one day get to go back.  God bless Thailand.



2 comments:

Lou said...

Praying for your dear friends and people of Thailand

Jolie said...

Thank you Lou, your prayers are much needed.

AddThis

 

poligrip