Thursday, May 27, 2010

Update on projects

LIBRARY CLOSET
I worked some on my library closet last night. I thought I would be able to get all the shelves up, but only managed to get 2 up.  I need to keep in mind projects takes twice as long as expected.  I will try to work on that some more tonight. I hope I can get it finished tonight, but if not, then by the weekend.  I have all my books scattered on the floor right inside  my bedroom, so I must get it finished soon. 

SOFA TABLE
I've only got one coat of primer on this so far and the top removed.  I did get the wood that I need cut for it, so all I need to do is finish painting the bottom and nail the boards on to make a top.

DRESSER
My dresser has one coat of primer on the bottom half.  I still haven't stripped the top yet so I can stain it.  I'm going to try to work on one of these at a time to finish them up.  The library closet is first priority right now.  Next I may switch over to this dresser and get it finished so I can have my clothes back in them. Right now all my clothes are in the dresser in the guest room.

---


Since everyone liked my smoothie yesterday, I thought I would post the one I made this morning, too.  I'm going to try to attempt to post the recipe to it, but I am completely guestimating the amounts of each thing I used since I don't measure, I just throw the stuff in there.  


I'm not even sure what the name of it could be, I guess a Pomegranite Fruit smoothie?  I just threw in whatever I had in my freezer and frig!  Okay, here it goes, the recipe:

Pomegranate Fruit Smoothie
  • 1 cup of fruit -Bananas, honeydew, and fresh blueberries. (I had cut up the bananas and honeydew and froze them myself)
  • 1 cup of Pomegranate juice
  • 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
  • 1 tbsp honey
Blend!  Like I said before, since I don't measure things, you can adjust it until it's the consistency you prefer.
Those little specs in the smoothie are from the blueberries :) 



Yumm!

3 comments:

Canadian Cottage said...

Hi Jolie!
I totally agree about projects taking at least twice as long! Yesterday's smoothie looked delicious, I love the idea of adding the spinach. This one looks even better!! I always enjoy seeing some recipes from real life. Have a great weekend!
Janice

Chelsea@ThisFreshFossil said...

Yes, projects ALWAYS take at least 2x as long as you think they will! Unless it's, say, switching out a light fixture or something. And you have help with it. :) This smoothie looks delish, too! Thanks for sharing!

~Chelsea

Lou :) said...

this I like :) I am glad you didn't add spinach to this one...giggle

AddThis

 

poligrip