Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Working On My Library Closet

I ordered a French door through Lowe's for my Library Closet I'm making.  It came with no holes for the doorknob and no place for the hinges, so I had to figure out a way to do all this myself.

And of course, who ya gonna call?

My dad chiseling the wood away for the hinge.


Three of us got the door up, my dad, a friend of the family and me, but we did it!



Last night I removed the doorknob and primed it.

Next, to put a coat of white paint on it, put the doorknob back on and remove the plastic off the windows.  Then I'll put shelves up in the closet and put all my books on them and  my library closet will be done!

Here is the link to the Library Closet that inspired me to make my own.  Library Closet

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hanging doors is tough! We are planning to finish putting up our new doors throughout the upstairs, which should take a good chunk out of our weekend. :) That new doors looks great! I can't wait to see it finished - it'll look so classy!

Our Fine House said...

This is such a great idea! I'm so glad that I found your blog. I just blogged about you on my site.

Keep up the great work!

~Jen @ ourfinehouse

AddThis

 

poligrip