Monday, October 18, 2010

Garden Happy


My garden is still growing from when I planted it back in spring. There are a lot of weeds in it, but I'm still getting a lot of peppers. I won't need to buy peppers for another 5 years after all these peppers I got!

There are still a lot of herbs growing in the garden too. Some chives, parsley, dill and a ton of Tha basil.

Here's all the Thai basil in my garden. Crazy!

I'm going to freeze a bunch of it and maybe make some pesto and freeze that, too.

I have enough frozen peppers to last for years. LOL

Some of my banana peppers I put in vinegar.


Habanero's I picked.


Canned Habenero peppers.


To can the Habenero peppers so the cans would seal, I boiled vinegar and poured over them in the can.  They didn't seal right away, but that night while I was laying in bed, I heard the cans popping as they sealed.

Now that I had my first garden, I should be ready next year and know what to plant and what not to plant.  I'm going to try to grow my tomatoes in pots next year since they didn't do too well in my garden.  I'll grow more cucumbers next year, too.

Having this garden was one of my favorite things about getting my new house.  I don't think I could ever go back to apartment life now.  :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ooh! Peppers! They look great, Jolie!

Jill said...

Looks great! Here's hoping the skeeters are not as bad next year as they were this year!

AddThis

 

poligrip