Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tobacco Basket is Up



I love it!  I'm so glad I got this, it may be one of my favorite home decor purchases!   I took my hydrangeas from the fireplace and just put them on the table for now.  I'll try to find something else to put here later.  I had candles burning in my fireplace last night...  I wanted some fireplace ambiance and it isn't quite cold enough for a fire yet.

I put a big screw in the wall and tied some rope around part of the basket at the top and just hung the rope on the screw.  It seems sturdy enough that it should hold.


I called Lowe's today to try to order a new front door for the living room, but the guy didn't know how to find the door I was looking for. Guess I'll have to run down there tonight or some other time and try to talk to someone in person to get things done. The door will be glass so it will  let more light in, I don't like how dark my living room feels when the door is closed, I usually keep it open so I can get light from my storm door.

I don't like my mantle decor anymore, I need to change that out.  I never did switch it to fall decor.  I don't even have any fall decor to decorate it with. I didn't move in until November, so fall was pretty much over by the time I got in.  If you look real close at the picture, you can see where I accidentally left the screw driver and tape measure on the left side of the mantle from where I was putting up the basket.  oops

14 comments:

Jill said...

Looks fantastic Jolie! A glass door-- how cool is that? So you are coming up on a year in your home? Fabulous!!

Dianne said...

Jolie, I think your living room is BEAUTIFUL. The tobacco basket looks just right where you put it. I love how you decorate!!!

Amy said...

It looks great! I feel like it's something I'd see in a magazine!

Cathy @ The Far Fifty said...

Your living room is gorgeous, the white, the leather, the baskets, I LOVE it! And the tobacco basket is the best score EVAH!

Jolie said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I couldn't stop looking at the new basket yesterday after I had it all put up. I really love it.

Yes Jill, I closed on my home last October, I should do a special anniversary post on the day that I closed :)

Southern Sassafras said...

Looks great! It's not to late to decorate your mantel for fall! Some of what I got for mine was from the back yard!

r8chel said...

Wow, that looks GREAT! Despite having lived the past 14 years in Virginia, I can't say I had ever seen a tobacco basket before, but that really fills in that space nicely.

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE it! That space is perfect for it!

~Chelsea

Gayle said...

Loving the basket! Have you ever considered painting the fireplace brick white (or the color of your walls)???
Gayle

Louise-Arden said...

I do so love the way it looks in your living room :)

Ashley Noelle said...

I love the basket....your entire living room is just my style! I wish I could find a basket like that, not sure they have those in Central Illinois....LOVE IT!

Paige said...

Your living room could so be featured in a magazine! Love it!

Laura said...

Beautiful! Can you tell me what type of hardwood floors you have and what type stain? Where they were purchased? They are amazing!

Jolie said...

Laura, These are Canadian Walnut wood floors. I purchased them from a local flooring shop in Galax, Virginia.

AddThis

 

poligrip