Monday, October 4, 2010

Update on Dad




Update On My Dad
Speaking of my dad, he's doing great!  I've been spending most of my time over at my parents home while he's recovering.  This weekend he actually went out on the farm and picked grapes with me.  He was showing me the step by step method how to make wine, so I made a couple of 5 gallon barrels for him this weekend.  I took pics of the process, so I'll post that once the wine is finished, which will be months from now, but I can't wait to see how they turned out since I actually did these myself.   He's not fully recovered, but he sure is glad to be home and not stuck in that hospital anymore.  The doctors said it would take 6 weeks for recovery, 3 months for it to heal, and a year for him to feel 100% like himself again.  He's really doing great though and I'll post updates on him, too.  Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers.


7 comments:

Jill said...

Great basket.........glad your dad's recovery is going well. My dad was just released yesterday from the hospital, he got pneumonia (a complication from back surgery 9/17) we (my sisters and I) took him Tuesday night. Eeep.

Jen said...

Love your basket...I've been wanting one also for a while also..I found 2 in an antique store a few weeks ago but 1 was broken & the other was soooo expensive..Can't wait to see yours on the wall and glad your dad is doing well

Cathy @ The Far Fifty said...

I love the basket! I'm very happy to hear about your Dad, that's great news!

vanessa said...

I love those baskets! I wish I had a spot for one. Great news about your dad!!

Southern Sassafras said...

I want one of those too. It's going to look great over the table!

Louise-Arden said...

So happy your dad is going better :) God Bless him (Hugs, Hugs, Hugs) =)
The basket is wonderful!

Julie said...

You are SO lucky! I saw one at an antique store the other day, and almost bought it. Went back the next week ... gone. DAMN IT. I love them so much.

AddThis

 

poligrip