Monday, January 31, 2011

A Winter Place of Fun


I got to go to West Virginia this past weekend and go snow tubing!


That's me going down the slope!


It was beautiful weather, too. 
There's an escalator you ride to get to the top so you don't have to keep walking all the way back up the hill.








You know how I always say I love the warm weather and give me the beach because I'm such a Florida girl? Well, I think I could really live farther north where snow stayed on the ground all winter long! Where I'm at in NC, we only get snow a few days out of the whole winter. So we don't have any sort of winter sports like skiing or anything you can do here. Which leaves you with just freezing cold weather and no outdoorsy stuff  to do.  I seriously liked playing in the snow this weekend as much as I love the beach! That is crazy talk coming from me! Something about the snow that makes me feel exhilarated, I love being outdoors and with things to do in the snow like, sledding, tubing, skiing, snowboarding, etc. I wouldn't have to deal with the cabin fever like I get here. Next I would love to learn to ski, next time we go, we may try the skiing instead.  I watched the skiers and they looked like they were having a ball.

The place we went is Winter Place Ski Resort. They have something for everyone here. It's only an hour and 50 minutes from where I live.  The video below shows more of the ski resort from their website if you'd like to watch.

Winter Place Ski Resort

6 comments:

Amy Lagerquist said...

Holy cow! That looks really steep...and very fun!

Megan Lauriana said...

That looks so scary but like it would be a lot of fun! I love that there are escalators. Haha. Thats kind of sad and amazing at the same time. :)

Louise-Arden said...

Awesome!!!! I want to go!!! :D I know I would be screaming all the way down and then back for more :D

Sweetie Queen Elbi said...

Hey, I live in West Virginia, and you were only about an hour away from where I live!

West Virginia is a beautiful state!

CCH said...

your blog is so adorable! love it!

Boîte à Nana said...

It seem fun...really beautiful pictures.

boiteanana.blogspot.com

AddThis

 

poligrip