Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spinach Lasagna Rolls


Spinach Lasagna Rolls

9 lasagna noodles, cooked (I used 8)
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
salt and fresh pepper (I used a little garlic too)
32 oz tomato sauce
9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.

Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.

Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.

To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.


Recipe from Weight Watchers

Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1 roll • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 6 ww pts 
Calories: 224.9 • Fat: 5.1 g • Fiber: 3.4 g • Protein: 13.0 g • Carbs: 31.5 

________

This recipe was a lot of fun to make!
It is soooo much easier than it looks.
They rolled right up with ease, no fuss or anything. The hardest part is waiting for them to bake!



Right after I took them out of the oven.


All the ewy gooey goodness inside of them!
What a treat!!

Don't forget to stop by Lou's blog to see how her Lasagna rolls turned out!
This is from our Tuesday night dinner across the miles.


This was really delicious! I would make it again for sure. I would probably make more filling next time so it will be dripping all out of them! haha


6 comments:

Louise-Arden said...

awwww yours is so beautiful!! I loved this dinner Jolie! :) it was so delicious !!! :D

Nicole said...

That looks so good! I love the ingredients too! Not too many but just enough for fabulous flavor! Great pick!

Tanya said...

ooohhhh, these look delish! I'm gonna have to try this. I love Lasagna. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

Wow, this looks soooo delicious! I actually just made lasagna the other night (which turned out dry because I didn't have any foil to cover it with), but I'd love to try a meatless version like this! I think my husband would really like it too, despite his love of meat. The fact that the noodles are rolled is a nice little change. Definitely going to bookmark this recipe, thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

Oh, they look yummy! I love spinach.

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

Just wanted to let you know that I tried this recipe and it was delicious! A new favorite. I even blogged about it, but my pictures aren't nearly as good as yours. :)

AddThis

 

poligrip