Thursday, March 10, 2011

Delicious Tostadas


I had the most yummy tostadas and rice tonight! I learned to make this meal from my friend that I invited over for dinner this evening. For the tostada shell, I bought soft corn tortillas and fried them in a pan of canola oil until they hardened. Then we mashed up some canned pinto beans with a mashed potato masher. I made some homemade authentic Mexican salsa and topped it with lettuce and cheese. YUM!



I made some mexican rice to go with it. I just cooked some onions in oil, then browned the rice a little. Then added 2 cups of chicken broth and one small can of tomato sauce. Bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes. Bueno!


This is my favorite salsa. I had posted a recipe on how to make it last year. It really does give any Mexican meal that perfect little kick.  Authentic Mexican Salsa Recipe (I used a food processor instead of a blender this time, I like the chunky texture the processor gives it.)

Sorry the pics don't look very appetizing tonight, the lighting in the kitchen was horrible. I need to remember to turn the light above the table off for them to turn out better.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Looks so yummy!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Deb's and thought I'd stop by. I was reading thur your posts and came across the lasanga rolls, I think I'll try them for dinner tonight!
Love your home and how you are decorating it and I'm now a follower, stop by when you have a minute.

Rondell

AddThis

 

poligrip