Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lobster Salad

1 pound cooked lobster meat cut into chunks

1 pink grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and coarsely chopped
1 navel orange, peeled, sectioned and coarsely chopped
1&1/2 cups cantaloupe balls
1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
2 cups lightly packed tender water cress sprigs
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives

Mix together lobster, grapefruit, orange, cantaloupe, and mango in a large bowl.
Line platter with watercress; mound lobster salad on top
To make dressing, whisk together all ingredients except chives in a small bowl until blended. Spoon over salad; sprinkle with chives.

291 Cal per servings ( about 2 & 1/2 cups per serving) Weight Watchers Points Plus value: 8
Makes 4 servings


A funny little story that happened when I was buying the lobster.  The guy that was ringing up my food grabbed the lobster tail and pulled his hand back real fast and said, AAhhh what is that?  LOL It was so funny. I told him lobster and he said, how do you cook and eat that thing? I said you can boil it or bake it. He said, oh well I've only been to Red Lobster a couple of times, but I never really had the lobster.

I get that with a lot of the food I buy, since I don't buy your typical soda pop, frozen pizza and chips like they are use to seeing. haha

It was Lou's turn to pick the meal for our dinner across the miles.  The Lobster Salad turned out great! It was delish, but I love lobster and I love fruit, so this recipe was hard to go wrong.  I know the recipe called for a pound of shrimp, but I just bought a tail. I don't know where I could buy cooked lobster by the pound around here anyway. I couldn't find any water cress sprigs in the stores here, so I just used leaf lettuce. Everyone knows my issues with trying to find ingredients in a small town, so I won't go into that again. I did use my own chives from the garden. It was my first time cooking lobster, so that was fun. I stuck a skewer through it so it wouldn't curl up while it cooked (only takes 5 minutes). A very fun learning experience, I am too scared to try to cook a live lobster, though!

This was a refreshing meal and I highly recommend it. Very easy to make, too.  Two thumbs up!



3 comments:

Loretta said...

Jolie, I am so hungry now and this dish is taunting me, so much so, I can almost taste it! What a beautifil and enticing dish!

Louise-Arden said...

:) I loved this, it was really hard to stop eating it, Todd and I ate it All up :]

Michelle said...

I love seafood and fruit looks delicious. Can't believe the checkout guy, he sounds like Jessica Simpson ... is tuna chicken?!

AddThis

 

poligrip