Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mexican Salad with Avocado Dressing


So Delicious!

This salad turned out absolutely amazingly fabulous. 
The flavors are so perfect and flavorful.


Mexican Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing

For the dressing:
1 large avocado
1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
3/4 teaspoon salt

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy.  Taste and adjust seasonings.  Cover and refrigerate.  Toss salad with dressing right before serving.

For the salad:
1-1/2 to 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
2-3 large tomatoes or 6-7 small tomatoes
2 cups corn chips, crushed into pieces
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
15 ounce can pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
5 green onions, chopped

Combine all ingredients in a big serving bowl and toss well with dressing.  Serve immediately.

______



Okay so my dressing curdled a little, but once you mix it all together you can't tell. I'm not really sure why mine did that, I followed the directions to a T.  Here's the website I got the recipe from, it has photos of each step you take to make it. Their dressing looks real creamy.  I used the Olive oil mayonnaise for mine instead of regular mayo, not sure if that is what did it. Anyway, the flavor was awesome.

I didn't use canned beans for mine. I made my own beans. I let dry beans soak over night, then cooked  my beans this morning and added some salt, garlic and cumin for flavor. Left them in the frig all day until I was ready to make the salad this evening. 

I picked the dinner for our Tuesday dinner across the miles.  Here is Lou's site and she should have her photos of her dinner up soon.



4 comments:

Louise-Arden said...

Jolie !!! This was the BEST Salad we Ever made!!! :)

Nicole said...

This looks great and just in time for "cinco de mayo" too!

Loretta said...

Wow! What a beautiful salad Jolie!
I just know it has to be delicious. I'm going to try it...my next salad. Hugs!

mangocheeks said...

Your Mexican Salad looks fabulous. I want to tuck right in. Shame we struggle to find blue chips in the U.K, but I'll keep looking.

AddThis

 

poligrip