Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cherry Pickin'


I went cherry pickin' with my dad yesterday and we got a bunch of cherries! 


A lady not too far from me has a huge cherry tree farm and she lets people come to her farm and pick as many cherries as they want. She only charges $2.00 a pound.


This was the first time I have ever picked cherries before, so it was a fun experience. I even got to climb up a ladder and pick the ones at the top that you can't reach.


Here are our 3 buckets!
They taste delish and of course we were eating a bunch of them as we were pickin' 'em!


Nope small town life ain't all that bad.
:)





3 comments:

Fabiana said...

Yummy! Will you make any special recipes with all those cherries?

Jolie said...

I mainly got them to make smoothies with. I will have to figure out some other things to do with them, too, since I have so many now! :)

I just put a new post up with my Cherry Smoothie recipe.

Jules said...

Oh, you lucky duck! Cherries are one of my favorite things in the world. You aren't too far from Levering Orchard (in Cana, VA), and I almost went up there yesterday with one of my best friends to pick. Great minds think alike!

AddThis

 

poligrip