Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Farm Garden - Progress


Here is the garden over at my dads farm. I came over here today and a friend and I were weeding it. It's doing really good. I think the soil here is much better than the soil at my house. Things just seem to sprout up in no time and he even planted his things after I did.

That is the Blue Ridge Mountains in the background.

The views around his farm are beautiful.


He's got a lot of Boxwood on the farm, too. Some of it's mine, I planted it about 10 years or so ago.  We are selling it, so if you need any Boxwood bushes, just let me know!

[Boxwood bushes]

The grapes are even growing already. Last year I bottled my own grape juice, so I'm hoping to do it again this year, too.  My dad makes wine with it.




These grapes are sooo delish,, too!
I think these are the Muscadine.


Little Foot's been having a ball running around on the farm all morning. He was even wanting to go after the cows and staring them down in his Border Collie stance. I'm so proud of him!

2 comments:

Move Laugh Aloha said...

Wow, it's so beautiful out there. That's so cool your dad has a farm and even makes his own wine!

Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek said...

that is quite the garden!!! beautiful views, too!

AddThis

 

poligrip