I spent the last 3 days working on my deck. Like all the projects I have tackled in the past, this one also took much longer than expected. I can't get over how off on time I am in predicting how long things take. lol
Anyway, the first thing I did was use a pressure washer to wash the deck floor, it really took off a lot of years of dirt and grime. Looks brand new now! That's my sweet dad back there washing more flooring in front of the shed.
Floor is so clean.
Here is what the pressure washer looks like, you just screw the water hose into it and it runs on gas.
I felt like The Terminator carrying this thing around!
Next I started putting the privacy fence up. It's going to be painted completely white when it's done. It took me almost all day yesterday to put up that little white part of the fence by myself, much much harder than I expected (I had to cut grooves in the wood where the chain link fence ran into it, the hardest part). I ended up calling my dad to the rescue to help me finish putting it up today.
Here is the deck after the floors are washed and the fence is up, it is starting to really come together.
So cozy and private now. :-)
My next steps are:
1. Stain the deck floor. I'm using Olympic Maximum stain in the color Oxford Brown. It's a dark stain almost the color of walnut. From Lowe's. It's the stain and sealer in one to save money.
2. Then I'll paint the privacy fence and the rest of the railings around the deck white. I'll use Olympic exterior white.
3. Attach a shower to the deck, since I don't have a pool and can't jump in the pool, it's the next best thing to jump under the cold shower outside to cool off on these humid days. It's the AquaSource Chrome double handled outdoor shower from Lowe's.
5. Find and purchase a bistro set. I've been looking everywhere and can't find one I like for a decent price. I checked all the thrift, furniture and antique stores around town and nothing. I checked Amazon, Overstock, and some department stores and still nothing. If anyone knows of a nice little bistro set please let me know!
6. Put towel hooks on the privacy fence.
7. Thinking about attaching a shelf to the fence to put plants on, but still not sure about that yet.
After I'm done with the deck, I'm going to attack the sheds and start on giving them a little makeover.
I can't wait for this to all come together!