Saturday, September 8, 2012

Memorial Photos - Dad

[Click on photo to enlarge]


I put together this little collage of photos of my dad.

  • The one at the top left was his birthday.
  • Bottom left was also a birthday celebration.
  • The top center photo was of him doing what he loved to do best, farming on his tractor.
  • Bottom middle are the 3 of us together in his office, we all just happened to be wearing pink!
  • Far right photo is on Christmas day at my house, he was workin' the remote, another thing he loved to do.  :)

  I have been looking through some of our old photos down in the basement and I can't find the ones I have been looking for. There were some photos of me when I was little with my dad that I can't find. There was one in particular of me sitting on his lap and I had dirt from head to toe on me because he had been letting me play outside in the dirt when my mom wasn't looking! haha  I will continue to look for them and try to post them eventually. 

I did find this old photo of my dad and me when I was little.


We were at Fort Christmas in Christmas, Florida.


We were like the 3 Musketeers, always doing things together, just the 3 of us.
The photo below is one of my favorite pics of us all together.


He is definitely missed and has left a huge empty space in our lives.  Each day is still a challenge and still hard to believe he's not here with us.  There are such an abundance of memories, I will always feel him near me in my heart for the rest of my days, and that way, he is always with me.



6 comments:

Amy L. said...

Hugs to you, sweet girl. What a lovely tribute to your dad...

Denise Z said...

Thankful you have the photos and memories! Those will bring you comfort in the times to come. We're coming up on what was my dad's birthday on the 12th...we'll be heading out for mint chocolate chip ice cream (his favorite)to celebrate/remember him--it's become a tradition since he's been gone (26 years) and it alwasys reminds me of all the good times we shared.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing yourself and your family. Lovely photos of your dad. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Paige said...

May you always have the best memories of your Dad. Blessings to you and your family.

Louise-Arden said...

Dear Jolie, I love the photo's you put together and posted, they are truly beautiful keepsakes and memories. God is so good and gracious. Much love to you and your mom xoxoxoxo

Leslie said...

Hello Jolie, thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments on my blog, thus leading me to yours. You have a beautiful blog. I'm so very sorry to read of your father's passing though - I can relate to your "three musketeers comment," as my husband and I are also very close to our only daughter, who is now almost 23. May you and your mom have all grace for this time of sorrows you are living through. I'm so glad you carry with you the hope of seeing your dad once again.

AddThis

 

poligrip