Saturday, October 20, 2012

Just Horsin' Around











One of the things I love about photography is you could be going out to shoot something in particular and end up finding something unexpected when you get there.  I was at a photography club the other night and one of the men there said when you shoot photos, always have a goal and a subject in mind and go to that place with an intent to shoot exactly that because that is where your best photos will be. 
But, I find, life sort of has this way of giving you the unexpected, which in the end could turn out to be better than your original goal.  Anyway, that is just my 2 cents.  :)   
I've never been one to follow the *rules*. 

I set out to take photos of a certain thing today and was very disappointed with the outcome and we unexpectedly saw this amazing horse farm on the way home and stopped and got these pictures instead.

This horse was coming out of the barn and decided to start flipping around on his back. It was really beautiful to watch this large animal rolling around like that. I started walking away when I noticed it and had to grab my camera and quickly try capturing the moment.









1 comment:

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Welcome to the wonderful life of 365ers. I'm finishing my third year. Its a habit now. I have my down days when I can't find a thing new to shoot, but it pushes me to find something. There's so much I would have missed had I not been working on this project. Good luck on yours. I'll try to stop by but have to admit that I rarely (every month or so) have time to peruse the blogs I enjoy. If someone comments, I'll come over, otherwise it takes some time. Have a good rest of the weekend.

AddThis

 

poligrip