Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Simple Apartment



Here is the little apartment I'm staying in right now. It's the apartment over the garage at my mom's house. It has it's own little living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. Little Foot's not allowed in the other part of the house, so he stays up here in the apartment with me. 

I'm pretty much living out of a suitcase right now until I can get my own place again. I took what clothes fit in my suitcase and my computer/office things and a few kitchen-wares from my house and have them here to use. The rest of my things are packed away in the basement. 

I read something the other day that gave me a great idea to do. It said that when you move, put all of your boxes in your new house. Don't unpack! Keep your boxes packed up and only get what you need out of them 1 thing at a the time as you need it. After a month or so, whatever you haven't taken out of the boxes, you probably don't really need. Then go through your boxes and divide the things into two piles: one for donation and one to sell. A great idea to cut clutter and unnecessary things out of your life! You can even do this if you aren't moving. 



Here is my uncluttered desk area.
Still no stray papers because I've been keeping
everything in my little journal.
My desk looks this way all the time now.
I didn't have to clean up any papers for this pic at all.






The insane amount of stuff I have stored in the basement.
I really don't need this much stuff. 



I'm enjoying living more simple.
With less stuff taking up my life, I have more time to devote towards more important things.
We're having company coming in for the next few days, so I can focus on family and friends instead of thinking of something that needs to be done. 

One of the things I keep thinking about is how Jesus lived a simple life. He didn't own any possessions yet was rich as one can be. When he told the rich young man to go and sell all his things and then come and follow him, he was trying to set this young man free. But he was captive of his things. Letting go is very freeing indeed.  :)



No comments:

AddThis

 

poligrip