Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Mountain Top



I stepped out of my comfort zone
and headed for a tall mountain.
I thought I would trip, fall, die...

but with a prayer and God holding my hand,
the top of the mountain was beautiful after all
just like He said it would be.

I may get bruised or cut climbing,
but the elevation at the top of the mountain
made it all worth while.

The trek didn't bring death,
it showed me what being alive really means.






Blue Ridge Mountain
Linked to simple things sunday

8 comments:

Verna Lantz said...

Oh, so pretty. Great capture! :)

Kate said...

This photo is beautiful, I'm going to pin it to pinterset if that is okay :)

Nicki said...

Very pretty!

Katie said...

This touched my heart in a special way! Thank you, Jolie!

Andy said...

The golden fields go on and on.

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

Oh, wow. Spectacular image. I've relied more and more on God and praying lately. He never fails.

Jolie said...

Thank you for all the wonderful comments.

Yes Kate that is fine to pin to pinterest. :)

Rambling Woods said...

How lovely..I had to smile as I am not much of a hiking person for the same concerns...Michelle

AddThis

 

poligrip