Kitchen Remodel on a Budget
The kitchen turned out just how I envisioned. I really love how the backsplash turned out the best, it reminds me of the ocean. It sparkles and shines, also picking up other beautiful colors like abalone.
You know how they say kitchens sell houses? Well the kitchen that was here when I first walked in sure didn't sell the house to me. It was my least favorite room and I knew I was going to rip into it first thing if I bought the house. The rest of the house was so bright and calming, but the kitchen sort of had a dark grungy sad look, not a kitchen I felt like cooking in.
This is what I saw of the kitchen the very first time I ever walked into this house.
Amazing what painting everything white can do!
It brightened the room up so much.
I changed out the appliances (the old ones were broke),
the counter tops and backsplash.
Here is a list of where I purchased some things, please email me if you have more questions.
- Chrome hardware from a local store, Village Flooring & Decorating Center, that ordered through Top Knobs.
- Sink faucet from Home Depot.
- Counter tops from Ikea. Ikea Numerar Oak
- Backsplash from Floors & Cabinets in Cocoa Beach - by Tesoro Listello Collection, Reflections Series, Color-Excalibur, 1x2 translucent
- Cabinets painted with 2 coats of BIN Zinsser primer and 2 coats of Valspar White
- Wahoo fish from Baha Fish Gear
- Striped blue rug from Wayfair.
- Bamboo blinds from Lowes.
- Appliances from Appliance Direct.
My next door neighbor is the one who put in the counters and backsplash for me and also installed the new cabinets and opened up the wall. A huge thank you to him!