Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blue Front Door



It's really funny that I had a color picked out ahead of time that I was going to use and noone chose that color. I had decided to use (C) Windjammer by Behr.  So that's the color on the door in the pic above. I know it's really hard to tell the way color looks on a computer screen, this color looks more vibrant than it did in the sample pic in the post before this one.

I'm going to live with it for about a week and see how I like it, then go ahead and paint the shutters and outer storm door area. I'm thinking this color may look too light for the shutters, I could go with a darker color on the shutters and just leave the door this color.  It also looks different at different times of the day. It's facing east, so in the morning, the color is really washed out looking with the bright light on it, but after noon and around 3pm, the color is really nice and perfect. 

Well what do you think? Do you like this blue? Keep trying different ones? Once I pick a color and do the shutters there is no turning back, painting shutters are a pain! :p


11 comments:

Heidi said...

oh - that does look better than in the same photo. Good choice!

Dianne said...

I love it.I did vote for C and did comment. I must have done something wrong while posting, as it didn't come up.

Doug Medina @ Custom Home Improvements said...

Would there have been a prize if someone matched your choice? Haha! Kidding aside, the new color looks great! I think it brightens up the exterior of your home and gives it so much character. Great choice!

Louise-Arden said...

I love love it!!!

Sherry B. said...

So pretty! Can't wait to have coffee on your back porch!!

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if you wouldn't like the shutters a shade or two darker than your door...

I like the color of blue on the door but thinking shutters in matching blue might be a tad to bright? Just my two cents worth:-)

Nida Eisner @ AllCountyExteriors said...

Your front door already looks good; no need to change it again. Maybe it's time to give your shutters a new color. Why not paint it with blue as well?

Cool boy said...

Thank you so much for such a great blog.view coupon

Ryann Hoyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryann Hoyer said...

I love it so much! You've got a great choice of paint, Jolie! When I read your previous post about the shades of blue, paint C was my primary choice too! Hehe! Have you painted the shutters? Hope you used the same color. :)

Ryann Hoyer @ YanceyCompany.com

Avalon Cool Cherry said...

Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.

AddThis

 

poligrip