Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Paint the Front Door


I'm in the process of trying to pick out a color for my front door.
Last time I tried to pick out a blue for my family room, I must have went through 15 different paint samples! So far I have found 3 colors and I'm pretty sure I have picked out the one I like. I painted the whole door that goes from my garage to my kitchen with the color so I can see how I like it for a while before I commit to painting the front door with it.

The colors are,
A. Cool Colbalt - Glidden   (A deep darker Colbalt)
B. Ocean Sigh -  Valspar   (Lightest of the 3 colors, sort of an aqua green undertone)
C. Windjammer - Behr      (A medium blue, more of a true blue)

Which color do you like the best?


I'm considering painting the shutters also.
Here's the pic of the front of my house again for reference.



I have some inspiration photos I've posted below.
I know my house isn't Mediterranean, greek, etc. style, but I am in love with these color combos.  I love the white houses with the blue trim on them with lots of hot pink flowers around.






My plain Jane house needs some help, so what do you think of the blue accents?
Any other suggestions?




13 comments:

Megan Vickers said...

I like B! I think it would look good as shutters too!!

Aimee said...

Hey! I found your blog back before your moved and enjoyed it so much. Now that you have moved to Florida, I still LOVE it. I used to live in Florida, between Vero Beach and West Palm Beach but have since moved to windy Kansas. Your pictures make me smile and homesick all at once. =) Thanks for sharing your house with us.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I like Option B. I also ADORE the turquoise tiles in your kitchen!! Lookin' good!

Heidi said...

B!

Sherry B. said...

I like B as it is soothing and serene. When you get some pink plants outside it will really pop. The idea is neat!!

Paige said...

A is pretty bold! I like it.

Louise-Arden said...

I like A

Miss Harold said...

A - it's bold

Jolie said...

Sorry you guys, I chose C! I am surprised noone picked that color. I can always repaint it if I don't like it, it's just a door. I just posted the picture of it painted, let me know what you think. :)

Silva London @ Renewal by Andersen said...

I know it's too late to give my choice but I actually would have picked C as well. A looks a bit too bold for my liking and B seems old and faded. Anyway, did you end up painting the shutters too?

Cool boy said...

It's been good to see your blog when I always look for such type of blogs. It’s great to discover the post here.coupon chip

William Gulliver said...

You really have to give your front door some well-deserved attention. It’s probably the most noticeable part of your exterior, after all. If I may, I would've gone for a deep darker Cobalt color. Haha! It has a calming effect and will definitely give your door a new vibe. Whatever shade you picked, I hope that you’re happy with the result!
William Gulliver @ Up and Above Contractors

Earl Mark said...

What an amazing looking door and flower bush in front, the black and the red just make it pop out. Great work, I will be using this idea to make my wife happy as she has asked me to paint and redo the door for so many years, she loves the color variations and black is also her favorite, thanks.

Earl Mark @ Eastway Lock

AddThis

 

poligrip