Sunday, September 8, 2013

Ahhh Coconuts!



I may have said it before, but coconuts are one of my favorite things. 
I found a health food store not far from my home that sells them, 
when I first moved here I couldn't find them anywhere and was going into a panic!
I couldn't get these in the area of NC where I lived, so I had gone long enough without them.

I don't really care for those little brown hairy looking ones you see in the grocery stores.
I like the young green Thai coconuts.
The water in them is soooo sweet and such a wonderful coconut flavor.




The meat inside the Thai coconut is so soft you can just spoon it out with a spoon and eat it.



If you haven't tried a Thai coconut, I really encourage you to try one.

You can just eat the white coconut meat by itself or put it in a smoothie.
The same with the coconut water.


You can even save the empty coconut shell for later and have some ice cream in it.



I'm sure you can find a lot of things to do with a coconut.  :)

Do you have any coconut tips or recipes?
I'd love to hear.




4 comments:

Louise-Arden said...

Okay... I love, love the ice-cream in the coconut shell!!!!! :) That is awesome!!

Michelle said...

Yum that looks amazing! I like coconut in my pina coladas, does that count :)

Sherry B. said...

I always wondered what those type of coconuts tasted like! I'll have to pick one up at the Produce place by my house! Yeah! Thanks for sharing!

Cool boy said...

Amiable articles and the blogs really helped me a lot, thanks for the valuable information.
click here

AddThis

 

poligrip