Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Master Bath Makeover - Before and After

The Master Bath is finally finished. It was a very plain builders grade little bathroom and on top of it all, I hate the tile. I'm not willing to rip all of the tile out so I had to work with it the  best I could. I suppose it was an attempt at beige, but it looks pink to me. Just like my other bathroom in my last house.  With a little paint and decor, I tried to dress it up the best I could on a small budget. 



BEFORE




In the photo above, you can sort of see where I tried to patch up a hole in the wall. They had removed a medicine cabinet and just left the hole there! Thanks guys!  Meanwhile my a.c. is going out and the heat is getting in. 



Painting the cabinets black was the easiest project and seems to have made one of the biggest impacts.





Next I removed the shower stall. 
I didn't think I was going to be able to do it by myself, 
but all I ended up having to do was remove the doors...



...then remove the screws that held the frame and cut the caulking around it.




The grout between the floor tile was dirty and very discolored. 
Sort of looked like a pink? Maybe a pinkish gray?
Not sure if they intended that or what happened.
I stained it charcoal gray.


It turned out quite nice and I'm very pleased with the results.


AFTER











Makeover on a budget!
It didn't cost very much to remodel this whole bathroom.
Here is a breakdown of the cost.


$30. for the glass hardware on cabinets. (Hobby Lobby)
$40. for shower curtain (Ebay- Coyuchi, regularly $171.00)
$15. for hooks (Ebay)
$20. for towel rack (Home Depot)
$10. for grout stain/sealer (Home Depot - Polyblend )
$30. for paint (Color Benjamin Moore Pebble Beach) 
$15. for black/white enlargements (snapfish)
$8. for frames (thrift store)
$12. shower rod (Bed Bath & Beyond)
$15. throw rug (Tuesday Morning)
$40. Bamboo Shade (Home Depot)

$235.00  Total


The photos are some I took when I was out at the beach.
I was so happy to score the beautiful shower curtain by Goyuchi, 
I couldn't quit thinking about it since the first time I saw it.

I love  having hooks instead of a towel rack because when I'm in the shower and go to grab for a towel, it just comes off so easy. Sometimes the towel would get stuck in the towel rack and I would have to jerk it a few times to get it to come out. Does that just happen to me?

Love having the small towel rack right under the sink so it's easy to get to. 
It doesn't stick out too far and doesn't get in my way. I'm 5'6", so there's plenty of room there.


I have a ton of projects I'm working on.

Next...   master bedroom, office and back patio.






7 comments:

Calypso In The Country said...

The bathroom looks beautiful!! How inspiring that you could pull something like that off without spending much. Great job!
-Shelley

Jolie said...

I know, it's crazy the amt of money people sink into remodels. Paint goes such a long way. Thanks so much Shelley. :)

Paige said...

Great job! I love it!

Jolie said...

Thanks Paige! :)

Enjoying this beautiful life we've created said...

Wow!! How beautiful it looks now! You really did an amazing job. I love the color you chose for the walls and how it makes the black vanity stand out! The shower curtain is beautiful and the accessories really pull everything together! I can't wait to see your other projects :)

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Turned it into a true gem! Have fun on this Florida re-do....I have a soft spot for Florida re-do's!

Jolie said...

Thank you Linda. I do, too. Especially the Spanish style homes like yours. :) Your place is beautiful.

AddThis

 

poligrip