Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Bougainvillea



One of my favorite flowers are the bougainvillea. 
I planted this last year and all winter she just looked a little sad. 
Her leaves are coming back now and she's are really bright pink.
I'm going to train her to grow completely over the arbor I had built for her.




This is the bougainvillea up close. 
The pink isn't really the flower, those are part of the leaves. 
The more stressed a bougainvillea is, the prettier she gets.
She is at her best during a drought.

Those tiny white flowers are the actual flower on the bougainvillea.



I also love the hibiscus!

I have a lot of them planted around my house.


This is my double flower Hibiscus below.



I've been planting some pineapples and will post those soon.
They are really fun to grow!





2 comments:

Michelle said...

Your garden looks gorgeous with those bright flowers =) Bougainvillea is one of my favorites too

Jodi W. Brown said...

~Brooklyn Industries is taking 25% off of all their bags in the store and online through Tuesday, August 19th.this site

AddThis

 

poligrip