Tuesday, April 8, 2014

New Door - Big Difference


There was a white solid door to my kitchen that I never liked because it blocked out the light and it just didn't feel right.  A simple fix, replace it with a glass door.



I purchased an unfinished door from Home Depot and stained it myself, to save a little money.

1.)  Sand it first.


2.) Stain it.


3.) Get the handyman to put it up!  :)



Love it!

It lets in the light from the laundry room
but still blocks out the noise from the washer/dryer.

I would love to put a glass door on my office, too.

I'm still working on remodeling my bathroom and I'm almost finished.
Things are still taking double and triple the time that I anticipate them to,
but this generic block house is really starting to feel homey to me.  :)



5 comments:

Paige said...

What a difference! I love it!

Jolie said...

Thanks Paige! Me, too. I want to change out all my doors now. haha

Jodi W. Brown said...

There was a white solid door to my kitchen that I never liked because it blocked out the light and it just didn't feel right. A simple fix, replace it with a glass door.stena line discount codes

Lynne Halloran said...

You made an amazing choice in replacing that white boring door with that gorgeous glass one. Doing so transformed the ambience of your kitchen. It now looks more attractive and dynamic. You did a great job on that one, Jolie! Thanks for sharing that! Kudos and all the best to you!

Lynne Hollaran @ Sub Urban Glass

Giovanni said...

I'm always looking for good projects to improve my house, and this one is an idea I never thought of doing. I like the finished look and the light, but I also feel good about the idea of saving some cash by doing part of it myself. My laundry is off the screen room, and it could use a door.

AddThis

 

poligrip