Wednesday, May 14, 2014

How To Grow A Pineapple >:)

I love pineapples!
When I use to live in FL a while back I was growing pineapples and since I have moved back I am excited to start growing them again. 

It's so easy to do. 


Just chop off the top of a pineapple.




Peel away all the edible part until you can see little brown dots or squiggly things on the stalk. 
Those are what grow out to be the roots.





Put them in any jar with water and let the roots grow. 
You don't have to let them grow as long as this, just an inch or 2 is fine.




Then plant them in a pot with soil.





Then one day in the far away future, 
your plant will grow a little pineapple out the top.





Mine aren't old enough to have a pineapple yet (It takes 2 to 3 years), so I took this last pic from a garden center.
These plants are quite pricey if you buy them with a pineapple already on them,
but they are so cheap to grow yourself.


Here is a fun little recipe that you can also use a pineapple for.









4 comments:

Jada said...

How did I not think to do this? A pineapple is definitely going to be added to my assortment of house plants.
I've been reading a while. Great blog! I'm a Florida native too... currently residing in TN. :(

Jolie said...

Hi there fellow Florida native! Not a lot of us down here, so you need to come back. :)

Let me know how growing a pineapple does for you up in TN.

Anonymous said...

How is little foot doing? Is he enjoying the new house and Florida weather? Your home looks amazing.

Jolie said...

Yes, Little Foot loves his huge fenced in yard to run and play in. He loves sunbathing and is always wanting outside to go lay in the sun. :)

AddThis

 

poligrip